Composite decking is available in a variety of textures and finishes. Generally it will have some form of grain finish. As with decking colour, texture is always a matter of personal taste. As always, there are some more practical considerations:
- Is a grooved finish better for me? It can often add more anti-slip qualities.
- Do I prefer a more traditional finish that is more like wood?
- Am I looking for crisp contemporary appearance? Certain boards are reversible with finer and broader grooving on either side. Boards even come in a completely plain finish on the reverse side which can be used to great effect when mixing with grooved boards.
- Is the textured decking available in the colours I require? Sometimes a design requires a mixture of colours or you just have a specific colour in mind.
- Is there a price consideration? The answer is very often YES. Detailed textured boards are often priced higher than their plainer counterparts.